Wednesday, April 9, 2014

There's No Catch When it Comes to Jesus

Today, I feel blessed. 

I had multiple "Ah HA! How did I not realize this before?!" moments this week.

I learned that God answers prayers and that He's actually listening to what I am saying to Him. You hear this your whole life, but when you actually experience it, it's life changing. You realize how close He actually is to you, and you experience just a small portion of how much He must love you.

We are eternal beings. We are connected to God. We can strengthen that connection with Him as we diligently and faithfully seek Him. Why would you want to do this? Because, Christ-like love is the most important, most fundamental, human need. When we feel that love, we feel whole. We feel complete.

So, if you feel distant from God, or would like to be happier in your life, listen up! The prophets and apostles have given us specific prescriptions for this ailment, but do we actually take the time to use it? You can be healed of every affliction life has thrown at you. But you have to be ready and willing. It will change your life, you will feel whole. You will feel complete.

Don't give up. It can happen for you. It's not just an idea or a philosophy. It's real! I've never been so sure of anything in my life. Jesus Christ lives, and He is ready to heal you, to comfort you. But you have to ask.

Step 1: Asking Him specifically for things
"26. And after that he came men also were saved by faith in his name;
and by faith, they become the sons of God. And as surely as Christ
liveth he spake these words unto our fathers, saying: Whatsoever thing
ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is good, in faith believing
that ye shall receive, behold, it shall be done unto you.

27. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because
Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand
of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon
the children of men?" -Moroni 7:26-27

I know that miracles have not ceased. He continues to give us the answers and guidance that we are looking for, but we have to ask Him.

Step 2: Make time to listen for the guidance
I have really felt the power of taking time to ponder and to meditate on my mission. It's my time to truly connect with God and listen to what He has to say. Take the time to listen. Pay attention to the thoughts and impressions that come to your mind and then write them down. Take time to search the scriptures and ponder concepts and questions that you have.

Step 3: Watch for confirmation 
Pay attention to when your miracles happen. Often times, if you are looking for your prayers to be answered, you will see Him give you answers over and over in small ways and in big ways. Then, WRITE THEM DOWN, so you don't forget!

As you repeat this cycle over and over again, you will feel Him closer to you. Your testimony will increase. The spirit will increase in your life, and you will be changed.

I realized I have never found true happiness until my mission. NOTHING can shake me. I may have temporary set-backs or disappointments, but because I feel that love all the time, I am constantly at peace. Even though I live in a world of chaos, I can clearly feel and listen to the spirit. It's amazing. And remember, this is promised to us in the scriptures. Well, I'm here to tell you that it's possible. I'm a living witness.

It sounds too good to be true, but let me tell you something:
there's no catch when it comes to Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment